Saturday, July 27, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Hello! I'm AJ, a college student from sunny Southern California. I created this blog in order to document my progress on my Lady Loki cosplay. 

Over the last few years, I've become a HUGE fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. My favorite character in the franchise is Thor's adopted brother Loki. Loki is an incredibly complex villain, portrayed beautifully onscreen by the endlessly talented and dashing Tom Hiddleston.


...of fangirls

Last summer, I started my Loki collection (I have nearly every item of official movie-Loki merchandise, seriously). It was only a matter of time before I put my sewing and crafting skills to the test in order to create a costume based on his character!

Rather than go out in drag, I decided to put together a Lady Loki outfit to wear to the midnight premiere of this year's Thor: The Dark World (I am just too excited!) and hopefully next year's San Diego Comic Con.

Of all the years to not go, I chose this one...

I'm pulling design elements from the comics and the MCU, all the while adding my own flair. I can't wait until the whole costume is finished!

Given that I've never run a proper blog before, I hope that I can maintain regular updates as my work progresses! Looking forward to posting soon!

4 comments:

  1. I must have watched this video of Loki at Comic Con about a million times...what was the dilemma? Whether or not to tell you! Ha Ha! Now I am going to HAVE to watch it again since you put it in front of me. He is such a cutie, eh? Off to a good start with your blog.

    ReplyDelete